Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Spirit and Spirituality

Sand began to appear hither-tither in alleys even before beach started. Few bikini worn white girls smudged with showy goan ladies. Beach was sun-scorched and sand flushed hot. No sooner we saw the Sea, our clothes stripped us and we were amid playing waves. Its quite long since we saw back towards the land, towards the beach. The horizon seemed so rational that I thought I would have born aquatic. While I dipped inside and tasted salt through my nose and ears, I drifted away from others. More I drifted towards myself while I was stray from others. I turned back and surprised to see one muslim family, one short heighted moslem and three ladies in Burkha. I felt what these guys are doing out here? They must be feeling out-of-place or rather feeling stripped of their culture. As expected they didn't last more than few minute on the beach.

From distance, one of my friend beckoned to come and have vodka. I loved that. I gulped entire peg very fast and went back playing with waves.I was feeling restful and in sync with environ owing to vodka. On the contrary, cold and playee waves made me feel distant of itself. This was the moment of great paradox. I was empty and full at the same time. I was alone and with-others at the same time. It was just like, an empty cup has full potential to be filled. So a cup is empty and full at the same time. A room empty is actually room full. A person without knowledge is the most knowledgeable person indeed. The state of fullness and emptiness can best be attained by having consecutive pegs of vodka followed by few splashes with sea-waves.

If divinity of woman-hood is encorporated in the experience of beach and vodka, the mixture as potent as cynide. The creamy skin of her belly, shines with the humdrum sunlight and strikes back in your mind, like a flash. It seems as though you look at something, which is really meant to seen and admired. For the time being you may feel why the they wear clothes. All the emptiness and fullness attained, gets a recluse, a vent through which creativity pours out. She looks divine. The common experience is that all the girls look divine in that stage. This is even higher spirituality, girlish is divine. Not the girl. Not the girl. It her being girl which is divine, not she. The spirit has a lot potential to make someone spiritual. It makes feel everything divine for a person.

No comments: