Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Absolute Witness

I was in the hut and the sea outside was roaring, it sounded like rain tickling on roofs. There was no reason why should I lay in side this crappy abode, hearing this dangling fan. I made my way towards beach. I slipped out of my slippers because it made it difficult to walk on sand. Sand was soggy and depressed a little as I put my feet on it. Night breeze was pleasantly cool and I felt urge to smoke. I took out ciggerete and match sticks to light it up. Breeze was so whimsical that it I felt it has colluded to not let me lit the ciggerete. I squatted so as to provide the maximum obstruction to wind. But It didn't help. While putting effort in this misadventure, I raised my eyes and saw a lady screamed in front of me and ran away. I couldn't think, what is this !! I dropped back to my earlier assignment with new match stick. Still failure !! Shit !! I exclaimed in disgust and stood up. I saw one black, plump and grave looking guy. He said, 'Whats up !!' I said, 'trying to lit my cigerrete, but this pathetic wind'. He said,'you know you scared my girlfriend, she thought you bloody drug addict doping out here'. I smiled. 'Oh!! that lady who ran away awhile ago.' He smiled and shown his lighter to lit my cigerrete. I smiled as if saying thanks with my eyes.
First puff, hot fluid below the throat, rejuvented some thing inside and I felt like moving towards sea. I kept walking unless sea water touched my naked feet. I went still further, water kept rising and sooner it started to touch my knees. Sea waves were distinctly visible in full moon night. Ripples gave it an artificial cover as if glittering plastic is laid all over the sea. I thought if it were to be true the aqua life would suffocate to death. This plastic cover ended close to hillocks emerged from sea. Beautiful hillocks marrying each other with the glue of narrow trickle made of sea - water. I opened my arms and felt the every bit of breeze caressing me. I thought I lived one life time in just few moments. I saw marriage of sea and hill. I saw marriage of moon and ripples in sea. I saw birth of new wave with the death of earlier. I saw one life time in few moments.
I turned back for my hut. Made my way towards it. In the way, saw that couple deeply in love. I smiled and felt satisfied that experience just now I had with sea and hills is absolute now. It had something missing. But now after seeing this marriage I have seen everything. Now I am complete, my expereince is absolute.

No comments: