Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Grandfather and My Grandchildren

It is no taboo anymore. But those old fellows, my grand parents will consider it blasphemy if I go for inter-caste or inter-religious marriage. They are old and narrow minded we would refer to 'em. But even the most open minded people in society would prefer same-caste marriages. Christian boy getting married to a budhhist girl. Or a moslem girl getting married to jew. No one's parent will wholehearted accept it. They will argue, it is against our society, our culture. How will she/he adjust to our culture. You will feel sorry in future and what not. We would say to ourselves. Oh ! Shut up. You old fellow you dunnno. This world has gone so farther. Your arguments are just rustic and senseless.
Think of the future I have grown quite old, got settled somewhere in netherlands or norway. Got family. Children, Grandchildren. Wife with whom occasionally I talk when and how met the first time. One fine day, One of my grand-child. Brings with him a surprise. Says ." Grandpa, Meet Mr.X he's my boyfriend." My half blood would be sucked in abysss. He'll continue, "We are planning to get married. We seek your blessings". For the time being I won't feel ground below neither open sky above. May be by the evening I will recover my self to talk while dinner. "Dear child, This is unnatural". "We don't come from the society where these things are permitted." "you won't feel.. but someday you'd be sorry for your decsion." Saying this I'll dream of the day when I had conversation with my grand parents.
My grand child would think. Oh ! Shut up. You old fellow you dunnno. This world has gone so farther. Your arguments are just rustic and senseless.

No comments: