Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Child & Parenthood

'But why do you want to marry me?' Says Sh.I replied,''cuz I want a girl friend.. The sustainable one ?'I paused for a while then asked,'And why are you marrying me?'Sh replies,'Because I want to have a child !!'I replied,' Kool, easy, marrying is not pre-requisite to have child'.Sh replies,'what do you mean?''I mean, you don't need to marry me or any one for that matter to have a child?''you can go to orphanage and have as many as you want..''No, But they won't be mine.''What do you mean by, they won't be mine'.'I mean, I want to be pregnant, I want to feel the agony, strafe for nine months.''Why? are you a masochist?''No I am not masochist, But I'll be happy to bear a child with your part in it'.'Whosoever child you adopt will be as much human as me'.'Its for you honey, that I want to forgo the pain.''But its not my desire to have a baby, I don't wish to have none'.'Then whats your desire. Just to live for our own self.. sleeping for enjoyment.. forever''yes.. forever'.
She hangs up. I thought for a moment this girl is much elder to me, even though younger biologically. Pulsating tone from phone-line has ended. I kept the phone up until the monotonous sound started to come. No couple marries to have child. Rather when the lady is pregnant, out of some harmonal action, feeling of parenthood starts in them. There is nothing love per se, just chemical reactions. Then what in this world makes this girl, think of that pleasure so early. On the top of it, she wants to be pregnant and bear the child for nine months. What responsibility ! Pain, Agony !!
Or is it the fact that the lady looks more beautiful during her pregnancy, makes her to intend it. Whatsoever be the reason, I don't understand why should any one ever need a child. I think as I grow old, I will realize, what to do with my property, my assets. Whom should I hand over these assets. Then I will feel need for offsprings. But just for pure economic reasons, I will require a child. Not for love or affection or any thing like that. I am not going to pursue any relationship for economic incentives. I am not a businessman. Just a plain thinker.

No comments: