Wednesday, August 29, 2007

1993 Earth

I heard some noise. My mom said the hind walls of my house was hot. We came out but couldn't move any further to enquire what has gone wrong. It was terror those times. Mumbai bomb blasts has threatened mumbaikars. My dad didn't go to office for last ten days. I didn't see my school past one month. Doordarshan has pledged to entertain common public by broadcasting old hit movies. Days were gone in curfew with short span release for about as small time to purchase some groceries. If a child is found roaming in curfew hours, police constables will start chatting with him. They were bored. They didn't like the way, it was being handled. They knew whenever some malfactors decided to sabotage or murder. They won't be there. They will be there just to witness the aftermath. They are not the heroes. They were just another witness whose job was to witness and record. Next day, When curfew was released for some time, I came out to breathe under open sky and see the surge of fresh crowd as though a damn has been put down and accumulated water made its way forward. I came behind my house to see what the yesterdays noise was all about. I saw ashes. I saw nothing else. Alas!! There used to be a timber shop owned by a Muslim. He was very ill tempered and I never liked him. I never uttered a good word to me. His woods used to be spread around the shop. Occassionally when I used to play football with my friends, football used to play with those wood pieces. He always battered us for this. He usually complained about this to my mom. I never liked him. I always wished this shop wouldn't be here. I always wish this guy wouldn't be here. So I should be happy that No more is he here. Only ashes. No ill tempered idiot. No complainant. Entire ground is mine. Tomorrow those debris will be cleaned and I'll get rather area for playing. But I didn't know why, I was in grief. Even though I disliked him. I was in grief. Despite I wanted that guy needn't be there. But I never wanted him to turn to ashes. I never liked the wood logs be there. But never ever could I imagine the ashes in place of them. I stood there awhile staring those ashes. I felt as if collective humanity has turned to ashes. Curfew was about to start, I went on to purchase groceries. I couldn't see well, I had tears in my eyes. I was not weeping for death of that guy. I was weeping for collective death of humanity. I weeping for death of everyone alive around me.

No comments: